Thursday, May 21, 2015

Novena to Holy Spirit 7

Day 7 of Novena to The Holy Spirit: GENTLENESS
Lord God, You want me to learn from You, Gentleness of heart.
No matter how I fail you, Your gentleness never fails me. You are slow to anger; Your kindness is without limit. You tell me not to be distressed, to make Your gentleness my own so that my soul may find rest. Give me the wisdom to make time in my day for a gentle nursing of my soul. Free me from arrogance, from goals too sublime for me. Still and quiet my soul as a mother quiets the little ones on her lap. Free me from the need for achievement. Make my life less forceful, more gentle,
centered in You alone. Let the splendor of Your presence, light up my day-to-day living. Make me a smooth channel for the outflow of Your Divine Will in this world and to acknowledge my need for Your Spirit to dwell in me. Please remind me often of Your gentle grace and prompt me to offer Your love and forgiveness to others. I make this prayer in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Prayer for Everyday of The Novena:
Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your faithful and enkindle in them the fire of Your Love. Send forth Your Spirit, and we shall be created; and You will renew the face of the earth.
1 Our Father. 1 Hail Mary. 1 Glory Be.
LET US PRAY: O God Eternal Father, You instructed the hearts of Your faithful with the gift of the Holy Spirit. Give us the same Spirit under His Divine Inspiration, may we have a sense of what is true and a taste for what is good, and so always experience the fruit of His consolation. We ask this through Our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son. Amen.
May the Lord bless us, keep us from all evil and lead us to everlasting life. Amen.



No comments: