Friday, May 22, 2015

Novena to Holy Spirit 8

Day 8 of Novena to The Holy Spirit: FAITHFULNESS
Heavenly Father, I desire to remain faithful to You all the days of my life. Let the Holy Spirit fill me with His presence and help me bear in my life the fruit of FAITHFULNESS. I join with others of the Christian faith who hold unswervingly to the hope I profess and encourage one another on toward love and good deeds. Disappointments, seemingly unanswered prayers, loved ones who oppose me, spiritual lethargy, temptations and trials pull at my heart and tempt me to look back just like the Israelites who were freed from slavery. They who greatly rejoiced at their new found freedom found themselves longing to return after the going got tough. Give me strength and a firm resolve to plough through the hard soil and bumpy rocks of my life all the while fixing my eyes on my eternal dwelling place which I keep hope in Jesus Christ, Your Son, my Lord and my Savior. It is in His name that I pray. Amen.
Prayer for Everyday of The Novena:
Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your faithful and enkindle in them the fire of Your Love. Send forth Your Spirit, and we shall be created; and You will renew the face of the earth.
1 Our Father. 1 Hail Mary. 1 Glory Be.
LET US PRAY: O God Eternal, You instructed the hearts of Your faithful with the gift of the Holy Spirit. Give us the same Spirit under His Divine Inspiration, may we have a sense of what is true and a taste for what is good, and so always experience the fruit of His consolation. We ask this through Our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son. Amen.
May the Lord bless us, keep us from all evil and lead us to everlasting life. Amen

No comments: