Thursday, May 19, 2005

Faith (1)

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. James 4:8

John Bisagno says, "Faith is at the heart of life. You go to a doctor whose name you cannot pronounce, he gives you a prescription you cannot read, you take it to a pharmacist you don't know, he gives you medication you don't understand - and you take it." That's faith!

Heaven help the atheist! When something good happens, who does he givethanks to? When something bad happens, who does he run to? If you waituntil you can explain God, you'll never turn to Him. F.B. Mayer said,"Unbelief puts our circumstances between us and God. But faith puts God between us and our circumstances.

" Who wouldn't like to have the Creator of the universe helping them!"But I wasn't raised in church. None of my friends or family are particularly religious. How do I find faith?"

D.L. Moody said, "I prayed for faith and thought that some day it would come down and strike me like lightning, but faith did not seem to come. Then one day I read the tenth chapter of Romans, 'Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word ofGod.'

I closed my Bible and prayed for faith. Then I opened my Bible and began to study - and faith has been growing ever since." "But I don't know how to pray," you say. Just kneel and say, "Jesus, I accept You as my personal Saviour and the Lord of my life."
Then begin reading His Word and talking to Him each day. Go ahead, do it now - it's a step you'll never regret!

No comments: