Sunday, April 24, 2005

Habit!

You are a slave to whatever controls you.
2 Peter 2:19

I'm your constant companion, your greatest helper or heaviest burden.
Ipush you onward or drag you down.
I'm at your command. Half the things you do can be assigned to me and I'll do them quickly and correctly.
I'm easily managed - but you must be firm with me.
Show me exactly what you want done and after a few lessons I'll do it automatically.
Those who are great, I made great.
Those who are failures, I made failures.
I'm not a machine, although I work with the precision of one, plus the intelligence of a person.
You may run me for profit or run me for ruin -it's doesn't matter.
Take me, train me, be firm with me and I'll place the world at your feet.
But be easy with me and I'll destroy you.

Who am I?

Habit!

God's Word says, "You are a slave to whatever controls you."
Sinful habits rob you of the good things God has planned for you.
Habits are subtle. You get lulled into thinking
"It won't hurt to miss my prayer time this once,"
or, "I'll buy it and find the money to pay for it later,"
or "I'll just go into this chat room or rent that video, what harm will it do?"

What harm?

Plenty!

Give Satan an inch and he'll take a mile!

God knows every habit you're struggling with today and
He's made a way of escape - an exit strategy.

What is it?

Turning from temptation and running to the arms of the One Who can help you over come it.

No comments: