Monday, July 11, 2005

Worry never fixes anything

God, when I am in need of comfort, Your loving presence fills me, relieving every longing of my heart. I am ready for whatever the day may bring.

You are always with me, God- even when I am so busy at work or at home that I may not be consciously aware of You. But then a gentle nudge from my subconscious speaks to me of Your love and grace all around me. You are the voice of compassion I hear, the encouraging smile of a friend, the words of love spoken-just what I need when I need it.

So whatever happens today, I know that You are right here with me, encouraging me and reminding me of what I may not always see in myself: I am an expression of Your spirit. You and I are one.

YOU COMFORT ME, GOD, WITH YOUR LOVING, LIGHT-FILLED PRESENCE

No comments: