Saturday, October 07, 2006

Learn To Rest In God!

My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.
Exodus 33:14

Has success brought pressures you can't cope with?
Has the thing you celebrated yesterday got you all stressed out today?
We think we know what we want - usually because we see it in somebody else's life.
But God knows what we need - what we can live with and not fall apart. WhenGod says, "No" it's because He sees down the road. Children don't know what they don't know. Their favourite word is "gimme."
When we're tiny and don't get it, we stomp our feet and throw a fit.
When we're in our teens and don't get it, we rebel and think, "You're ruining my life.
"When we're older and wiser we say, "Thank God Mum and Dad said no."
Be careful what you pray for, you just might get it.

Here are some sobering words for fast trackers: "Then believed they His words; they sang His praise [but] they soon forgot His works; they waited not for His counsel: but lusted exceedingly in the wilderness...and He gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul"(Psalm 106:12-15).

Wow! Materially enriched, but spiritually impoverished. That's a battle you'll fight too! Are you experiencing lean times in your soul?
If you are and you know it, you're blessed. You can still do something about it. It's when you don't know it that you'rein trouble. You say, "Is God asking me to leave my job or sell my big house?
" No, He's telling you you're out of balance.
"Where do I find the answer?"
God whispers, "My Presence will go with you and I will give yourest."
Learn to rest in God!

No comments: