Sunday, September 03, 2006

What Followers Should Expect

Honour one another above yourselves.
Romans 12:10

If God's called you to lead, more is required of you. Those you'recalled to lead have the right to expect eight things:
(1) To know your character. If I follow you will I know who you really are? Will you deal with me with integrity?
(2) That you'll take the time to explain your vision. What's the future and where do I fit? Is there a place for me or will you simply "use" me?
(3) To never be left in isolation. Will you be there for me? Will you love me? Will you care about my needs?
(4) To be heard. To whom will you listen? When you're busy and over loaded will I still be heard, taken seriously and appreciated?
(5) To be trusted. Can I take initiative without fear? Will my ideas be rewarded and encouraged or will I be regarded with suspicion and distanced?
(6) To be given an opportunity to grow. Will I be encouraged to be a life long learner? Will my gifts be increasingly identified and expressed? Will I be developed?
(7) To be held accountable. Will I be fairly evaluated for my performance? Will I belovingly held to the highest standards and to God's best for my life? Will you show me how to do it better and be patient while I learn and self-correct?
(8) To be the object of grace. Will I be forgiven even in the face of short comings, inadequacies and failure? Will I have the freedom to be who God made me to be? Will I be led with kindness?

That's what followers have the right to expect of you - so don't let them down!

No comments: