Saturday, September 23, 2006

Testimonial from a cancer survivor

I was reading one of the blog, and came across this livejournal about a stage 4B lung cancer survivor. He praise God healing touch....God is the healer...Alleluia

And he has the following to advise:

Buy life insurance.
One of the main worries I had in hospital was not knowing exactly how much insurance I had. I know I bought a few but didn’t calculate in detail.Look for good agent, sit down and discuss with him, calculate how much your family needs to survive until your children can work. Luckily after being discharged, I found that I’ve been covered for more that half a million and my home loan will be automatically paid if anything happen to me.
Financial plan for my children’s study is covered too.That gave me a peace of mind and left me totally focus on fighting the cancer.

Buy Critical illness plan.
One of the mistakes I did was not buying the critical illness plan.
Why buy?
I’m fit, I run twice a week and workout in between.
I’m still young, nothing will happen to me.
All my health checks showed that I was in good health. Well, cancer happened despite all that assurance.
If I had a critical illness plan, I would have $200,000 to $300,000 now.
I will not be worried about working. With some money, I will be able to work at something less stressful and still have enough money for the family or maybe retire and work freelance.
It is funny that my death will be more beneficial than my survival.

Fitness doesn’t equate to health. It is only part of being healthy.
The food you eat and the lifestyle stress you put on your body determines your health.

I’m recommending a few books, which I hope you will find time to read. These books will educate us on being healthy.
Food as medicine,
You the owners manual,
What the doctor doesn't tell you about nutrition maybe killing you.

The cancer statistic in Singapore showed that 27% of our population would get cancer and 25% of that will die of cancer; it is a disease, which affects developing nations.
It may be the working stress, the amount of process food we eat, the environment we live in or a combination of all.

What did I think contributed to my recovery?
Having adequate insurance covered for my family.
My family – without them, there would be no meaning to survive. My wife sitting beside me the whole day in hospital from morning till night. Before I sleep I see her and when I wake, I see her lovely face smiling. Nothing can beat that.

Having a strong belief. – Will give you peace.
My whole family is Catholic, and their understanding of death is that I will be rewarded and go to heaven. Their strong belief that god will do what is right has made them strong and in turn made me strong. I didn’t have the stress of seeing them cry and suffer.I don’t fear death, nor do I welcome it, but everybody got to go sometimes sooner or later. I view it as a stage to another world. My buddy Foo brought me to healing sessions and my buddy Raymond’s prayers for me when he visited, strengthened me spiritually.That is why as I walk thru the valley of death, I fear no evil for I know that God is walking beside me.

The above came from someone who has walked thru death...

What are you waiting for?

No comments: