Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Control Your Emotions (2)

Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret - it leads only to evil.
Psalm 37:8

As you go through life people will offend you. Sometimes it will be deliberate, other times it will be in advertent.
The question is - what are you going to do about it?

Spiritually mature people discipline their emotions and make sure they accurately reflect reality. They can be sad, joyful, angry or elated inappropriate ways at appropriate times. They refuse to allow their emotions to determine their conduct, attitude, or choices.

One Christian author writes: "When I feel things going against me, when feelings of anger and resentment begin to rise, it's time to stop and ask what's happening.
Is this for the greater good, or not?
Is God speaking to me,or isn't He?
Will my flesh rule this moment, or my Spirit?"
That's good advice for you too!

No comments: