Sunday, January 13, 2008

Baptism of the Lord


Today our church celebrate the feast of the baptism of our Lord, at the same time is the commisioning of the Catechist and the RCIA facilitator.


Catechist's Prayer


Loving Father, you have called me and I have responded, here I am, Lord!

You invite me to a personal relationship with you

that I may share the Good news of your son, Juseus Christ,

with those you have entrusted to me.

My mind and will are yours.

Through the Holy Spirit, enlighted me with your wisdom,

set my heart on fire with your love,

strengthen me and guide me so that my life faithfully echoes the Gospel.

Grant that, having deepened my understanding and appreciation

of the treasure that is the Catholic faith,

I may share it fullly with others.

May I find in the parish community the wisdom,

support, and inspiration that I need to serve you

in this essential ministry of the church.

Amen.

No comments: