Sunday, March 18, 2007

My Papa

My papa and mama, photo taken on my birthday 14/1/07


My papa is 81 years old. He loves me very very much. He is such a wonderful father to 7 of us. I love him too.





My papa is not feeling well since January 07, I took him to the doctor, he has difficulty to swallow food, but he never tell me earlier, so he just take porridge all the time, and I never take the trouble to ask him why, this is my mistake!


After seeing the doctor on 7 Feb 07, the doctor immediately refer him to NUH, I took him there, the MO did some test and ask him to come back for another test on 14/2/07.


The result was reviewed on 23/2/07 (fifth day of chinese new year), when we met up with the MO, he still not sure what was wrong, and wanted to fix another appointment for CT scan, but papa said he cannot wait any longer, he felt something is very wrong with his gullet, the MO advised us to go to the emergency to get thing done, so we went straight to the A & E department, the senior doctor called for x'ray, and papa was admitted by 7pm at Wd54Bed45, and he went through many test, scan ect...





On 28/2/07, Dr Daniel Chan revealed to Yong and me that papa is suffering from lung cancer advance stage, I asked God for strength to let me accept this news, and we discuss with the doctor that temporary don't tell papa what is the diagnosis, just tell him he has a very bad tumor and need treatment, and he agreed. I still do not know what was in his mind at that moment.


On 1/3/07, he was transfered to WD58Bed25. And 1st cycle 1st dose chemo started on 2/3/07 (Fri), he took it well, and 2nd dose the next day saturday, after the 3rd dose on sunday 4/3/07, he can be discharged, and we took him to Yong's house for dinner (15th day of CNY), all of us gather there to celebrate papa coming home, after dinner, sent him and mama back to woodland...





Two weeks after his chemo now, he has no side effect of nausea, fever, but he looks a bit tired today, that worry me... but he told me that he can swallow food more comfortable, Lord, please help my papa, let your will be done on him, I lift him up to you, I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen!





No comments: