Sunday, May 04, 2008

My Papa 16

Papa is not well ...

On thursday 1 May 08, it was a Labour Day holiday, it was also Ascension day of the Lord. I attended mass at the eve of Ascension. Went to fetch papa and mum to woodlands.... papa complained that he can't swallow anything, not even water, Lord I really don't know what to do,but I know that you are with me, at about 11 am, I decided to sent him to NUH A& E. As usual, the long wait and all the checking, dad has to be admitted to hospital... at about 1.30pm, I left to attend Shuan and Ashlyn engagement high tea. At 5.35 pm, the NUH staff informed me that they are going to fetch dad to the ward 53 bed 9...he was on drip till the next day 2/5/08. The doctor decided to do a endoscopy to find out what is wrong with him? I was at NUH the whole day, to accompany dad and mum, after the endoscopy at about 3.30pm...he looks relief when he woke up, he was able to drink water, and later the doctor order clear feeds for him.. he was happy becuase he can drink soup and water, on 3/5/08 morning , doctor said he can be discharged and immediately, he starts packing his bag and Yong fetch them to woodlands... Praise the Lord!

In the evening after dinner, he had the same problem again, he can't swallow water, Lord, I do not know what to do with it? Anyway, we will try it the next morning...

Dad decided to visit TCM at hougang, so we went, after visited the sinseh he became so depressed and hopeless because the sinseh told him that if this medicine does not work, he has to be feed by tube... he was very sad and give up hope and refused to try to drink water, keep on saying that he can't do it, it cannot work, all the negative thought in him... I pray to ask for guidance.. I called Sharon to check what is she doing at about 3 pm, and fetched her to Cold Storage for shopping, after that drop by to visit dad... at about 7pm after dinner, Sharon and I come near him and try to persaude him to drink water, he was not willing, I told sharon to pray with me, after that we give him apple juice, he drinks it,Praise the Lord.... he was able to drink again... we ask Grace to come over to give him support..... At about 8pm, Yong make half cup of ensure milk and he drank all... Thank you Lord! He is cheerful and smiling again... We will celebrate his 82 birthday on 8/5/08

God our Father, please continue to support my dad and show him the light ! Amen!

No comments: