Sunday, February 18, 2007

Footprints

I will never leave you or forsake you.
Hebrews 13:5
Take a moment and reread these timeless words by Margaret Fishback Powers: "One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Across the sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand.
One belonged to me and other to the Lord. When the last scene of my life flashed before me, I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that many times along the path there was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the lowest times in my life.
This really bothered me and I questioned the Lord about it.
'Lord, You said that once I decided to follow You, You would walk with me all the way. But I notice that during the worst times in my life there was only one set of footprints. I don't understand why in times when I needed You most, You should leave me.'
The Lord replied, 'My child, I love you and would never leave you during your times of trial and suffering. When you saw only one set of footprints… they were Mine. It was then that I carried you!'"
Need reassurance?
"It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." (Deuteronomy 31:8 ).
Need more reassurance?
"For He has said, 'I will never leave you or forsake you.'
So we can say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?'" (Hebrews 13:5-6 ).
Today you're not alone - God is with you!

No comments: